Thursday, October 27, 2011

While in Washington D.C. on a short trip

     Ok, Lets start from the the moment I landed in Washington D.C. at Ronald Regain International Airport, I went to get my car rental from Enterprise Car Rental. They were awesome with there customer service and they were efficient in getting me checked inn for my vehicle. While waiting in the garage with a gentleman named Rodney. There were no standard vehicle that I was to be getting. Myself and Rodney were talking and I asked him about a SUV that was their. He went a head and upgraded me for the same price as my original agreement. I was very pleased since I'm 6'3", and I know I will enjoy the 2012 Ford Expedition much more than the car I was to get. A little more Gas but well worth asking for. The turn in was just as easy as getting it, thank you Enterprise.
     No I stayed in at a Holiday Inn in College Station in Maryland and the customer service there was great as well. The picture to the right is the front of the Holiday Inn. The room was very nice for the age of the building and the Hotel had a recent upgrade just a couple of years ago. The room was pretty nice the picture blow show it. There was a refrigerator and microwave, with a large desk that could be used as a table for two, and the bed wasn't that bad either.

The hotel had a restaurant that was very reasonable and the food was descent. The hotel also had a nice gym, pool, and laundry room that you could use during your stay. The Holiday Inn was close to shopping and restaurants. I went to a Chevy's Tex Mex restaurant and the food wasn't that great, now being from Texas has kind of spoiled me. I had the chicken and steal taco's winch were decent, however the cheese on top was Parmesan Cheese from a can. The cheese made it bad,  if your a restaurant owner use the real thin instead of a can. It wasn't that bad but bad enough I wouldn't go back. Now that's me and my taste are a little different from most and I'm sure if I tried something else it would have been fine. Now the black beans I had were pretty good only if you like black beans. Another restaurant while I was there was The Jerk Pit and it was Authentic Jamaican Cuisine and boy it was great. It was about a mile from Maryland University and it was AWESOME. I knew it was going to be good as soon as I walked in and could smell all the spices and seasonings, and I was getting real hungry just looking at the menu. I had a coupon that I pulled of my Dream Trips Life web-site before I left for Washington D.C.
The picture to the right is The Jerk Pit Restaurant, and what I liked about it was the environment. Their were people playing domino's in one room and in the other, people were just hanging out with friends. The place was a college hang out and everyone was just having fun with the DJ that was there playing music. I had some shrimp with rice and vegetables and boy I could have ate more. The Pit was mostly carry out but I was able to eat it there  and I just enjoyed the food when it came. It took about 15 to 20 minutes to prepared but worth the wait. The picture below is the the owner and the sign says it all. So if your ever in College Station Maryland you need to stop and get some of The Jerk Pits food, you will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment