Monday, April 9, 2012

Business Trip To Waco, Texas

Well I'm staying 5 days in Waco, Texas on a business trip for my current employer. The cool thing I booked my hotel through myself and my employer is paying for it but the best thing is I'm making money by booking the hotel through my own travel booking web-site. Now that is pretty cool I was able to keep it below the amount required by my employer. So if you’re interested on that idea that when you travel you book it through yourself instead of going a traditional travel site such as Expedia or Travelocity. I know they won't pay you when you book travel through them but we do. So here is the web-site to check out the video at dreamtripslife.

So here are some of the things I did here in Waco, Texas. I first checked into the Extended Stay Hotel. It was a nice hotel and it wasn’t very expensive at all. I was there for 5 days and it only cost me $250.00 including taxes. The room was a good size and it had a small kitchen with a two burner stove top. It was as good as a home kitchen but for the week it was no problem and if you had to stay longer it still would be fine and manageable. You can get a pretty good idea by the picture

My rental car was through Avis and the process of getting the car went pretty easy and painless. I was able to upgrade to a large vehicle instead of the economy size car that I booked. It was a smooth riding can and I'm glad I did. The ride from Dallas Texas to Waco Texas was only about 2 hours and it was smooth sailing all the way there and back. I only spent $75.00 on gasoline on the hole trip and the Mercury Grand Marquis was and awesome ride for that type of vehicle and that’s the car I was in. My average MPG was 28 for the Mercury Grand Marquis and in my opinion that was good. Besides $75.00 for gas for the week was nothing. I'm usually just over a $100.00 when I'm in the Dallas, Fort Worth area anyways.

didn't do much while I was there because I was pretty busy with business but I did go to 3 restaurants and a movie theater. The first night I didn't want to cook so I asked the front desk about any pizza joints that were good. He told me to go to Poppa Rollo's Pizza and let me say he was right, it was delicious. So if your ever in Waco, Texas and you want some good pizza go to Poppa Rollo's Pizza it's worth the trip. Another place I went was called Rudy's BBQ and if you’re in Texas you have to have Texas BBQ. Now Rudy's BBQ is a franchise however its nothing like any fast food BBQ I've been too. The brisket was NOT dry, that’s a good thing and the portions were a half pound of brisket and that was more than enough for me. I actually enjoyed eating there at this restaurant.

I like Sushi, so I found a place call Fuji Waco and I went there for lunch and as soon as I walked in the door I knew I was in for a treat. They also had a sign posted giving military members and their families a 10% discount on their meal. I ordered shrimp tempura, Eal Roll, Spicy Yellowtail Roll, and a small sald with a ginger dressing and the meal was great.  I would defiantly go back to Fuji Waco if I’m ever in Waco Texas again.
Overall the trip was a great success and I completed all the businness I was there for and I also found new business. That's why it was such a great success. To reiterate, I booked my travel through my own travel site and I make and save money. Also while I was in Waco, Texas I was building my business. Now how funny is that, I'm saving and making money all at once? WOW a new concept, I am truly a mobile-preneur. That's right its not misspelled and if you don't understand you might in time after it soaks in some.

 
I would like to take the time and thank the peron that introduced me to this business. I just wanted to say thanks to Steve Glasker for showing it to me, and if you would like to see what I'm have been talking about just go to my link and watch a video, and click on # 2. You will either get it or you won’t and it's worth a good hard look. So take care and maybe I'll see you in my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment